How to connect ODBC and Oracle through SQL*NET ?

From: Pedro Pimentel <ppf_at_fct.unl.pt>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 1994 22:52:05 GMT

  I've Oracle v7 orasrv, SQL*NET for windows, SQL*PLUS for windows, etc running fine. I just can't setup ODBC:
  Am I missing something? I'm using the (default) option for the network
library at the ODBC SQL server setup. The Help says to contact sybase for a .dll. Is that my problem ? Shouldn't that be a Oracle .dll ? If so how can I get it.

Any help apreciated.

Pedro Pimentel
ppf_at_fct.unl.pt

PS: I think ODBC works this way. Am I correct ?

ODBC APP (Access, Excel 5.0 etc)

           SQL ODBC Driver (PC)   >>>>>>> Missing this ???

SQL Net (PC)

TCP/IP (Winsocke)

| <---- Ethernet Network

SQL Net (UNIX)