Re: Testing Oracle Fin.'s on AXP w/RAID5

From: John OBrien <RAID7_at_world.std.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 03:41:30 GMT

Jim A Yeager writes:

>Open VMS...In order to decide whether or not to test I/O..

You can get much better Oracle performance using a new RAID generation like 7 rather than the earlier RAID 5 with its much slower performance on large writes. I've written extensively on RAID I/O and am happy to share the information with people interested in reading such technical material (no integrals in my reports, however).

John

John O'Brien                Tel. 603-880-3005
Storage Computer Corp.      Fax. 603-889-7232
11 Riverside Street
Nashua, NH 03062            European headquarters: Wiesbaden, Germany
United States               Tel. 49 611 30 82 30 6