Re: ORACLE TECH SUPPORT. NONEXISTENT

From: Jack Love <jlove_at_ivrit.ra.itd.umich.edu>
Date: 26 May 1994 13:17:32 GMT

In article <CqDBJ6.AKE_at_sybase.com>, Luis Miguel <luism_at_sybase.com> wrote:
>Just want to mention that SYBASE just completed a customer driven
>overhaul of its Tech Support services, based on extensive surveys and
>other customer feedback.
>
>The results have been greatly improved customer satisfaction with
>our Technical Support. At Sybase, we listen.....

Coming from an environment in which both products are used, I would have to say that I see little evidence that customer satisfaction is better with Sybase than Oracle. I have been following this thread fairly carefully, I am not an employee of either Oracle or Sybase, and I would have to state that while I am not entirely satisfied with Oracle support, I cannot think of another software company which over an extended period of time has given me better support.

Sybase is an excellent product with many satisfied users. But this was a cheap shot that I think is out of place in this NewsGroup.

Jack F. Love	| 	Opinions expressed are mine alone.