Testing Oracle Fin.'s on AXP w/RAID5

From: Jim A Yeager <yeager_at_metrokc.gov>
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 10:28:27 GMT

Hello,

Does anyone have any info regarding testing Oracle Financials in a DEC AXP (OpenVMS) environment? We've just implemented on an AXP3800 and 2300 with and without RAID (Level 5). In order to decide whether or not to use RAID, we're trying to figure out the best way to test for I/O (disk and backplane), CPU utilization, response times, etc. We are taking advantage of Oracle's regression testing, but I'm not certain that that will be conclusive.

Has anyone written any DCL, (perhaps with MONITOR?) or any other tool that will produce effective test data? Any and all ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Jim Yeager
jim.yeager_at_metrokc.gov

The contents of the above message are the sole responsibility of its author.

All quotes, newspaper/magazine articles, accusations, and fits of outrage should reflect that. Received on Tue May 24 1994 - 12:28:27 CEST

Original text of this message