Re: Strange PL/SQL error

From: Thierry A. Lach <tlach_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE>
Date: 18 May 1994 12:49:07 GMT

Paul Mickel (mickel_at_sulaco.OES.ORST.EDU) wrote:
> My co-worker and I found an interesting PL/SQL error not too long ago
> in one of our triggers. The error is:
> "PL/SQL Check #20112: Contact your Oracle Representative ... "

I saw something similar when I attempted to use a system variable for the default value of a parameter similar to

        procedure check_yn(a_field := :SYSTEM.TRIGGER_FIELD) is
        begin
        ... fill in the code yerself...
        end;

Thierry Lach                           | Sufficiently superior technology |
Work: thierry_at_eccdb1.pms.ford.com      | is indistinguishable from magic. |
Home: curlie!thierry_at_sycom.mi.org      |==================================|
#include <std.disclaimer>              |         We Do Magic Here!        |