Re: Report Writer for Oracle

From: Jari Heinonen <jari_at_relatech.fi>
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 09:55:13

In article <2r7405$1pj_at_raffles.technet.sg> limsc_at_solomon.technet.sg (Lim Suat Chiu) writes:

>My site has been using SQl*Reportwriter for the past one and half years and
>found it rather restrictive. For oce, we cannot read and write direct to UNIX
>files. Secondly, we found that we have to create alot of temporary tables in
>our database to keep intermediate data generated/required by
>SQL*Reportwriter.

>Is anyone one of you using a reportwriter that is more user friendly ?

SQR (Structured Query Report Writer) might be what you are looking for.

SQR is 4GL report writing and programming tool which allows you to use the full power of SQL including DML and DDL commands. Furthermore you can write and read flat files.

SQR is available for ORACLE, Ingres, Sybase, Rdb etc. in several different hardware platforms from PCs to mainframes.

for more information contact:
MITI, Management Information Technology Inc. 2895 Temple Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90806
(310) 424-4399

Jari Heinonen                   Internet: Jari.Heinonen_at_relatech.fi
Relatech Oy                     Tel:      +358-41-650203
Ylistonmaentie 31               Fax:      +358-41-650120
FIN-40500 Jyvaskyla
FINLAND Received on Tue May 17 1994 - 09:55:13 CEST

Original text of this message