Re: ORACLE TECH SUPPORT. NONEXISTENT

From: The Peasant <prashant_at_cs.pitt.edu>
Date: 12 May 1994 18:58:56 GMT

Jose Patino (patinoj_at_merlin.incae.ac.cr) wrote:

: In article <CpLJou.EsA_at_vtm.be> gerrit_at_vtm.be (The Administrator) writes:

: >From: gerrit_at_vtm.be (The Administrator)
: >Subject: Re: ORACLE TECH SUPPORT. NONEXISTENT
: >Date: Tue, 10 May 1994 17:10:06 GMT

: >>Martin Loach at CCRG (mjl_at_vax.oxford.ac.uk) wrote:
: >>> In article <2qbhsi$kk_at_ctsad3.cts>, ccisaac_at_mtu.edu (Chuck Isaacson) writes:

Actually even if you get through I have found very few competent support personnel at their U.S office (essp AIX /DB group people).

In fact I call up support early in morning (around 6.00 Am EST) and get connected to Oracle support U.K. This saves me enough time as far as waiting on the phone and listening to that 'Music'. Of course IMO the U.K support is very good. Maybe they should train the personnel at U.S (H.O) ;> .

Also I found it curious that every time I used to call Oracle U.S support, I used to be informed that the average hold time is '7 Minutes', Just found it kinda curious, that it was consistently '7 minutes' each time : > .

**   Prashanth The Peasant            **
**   prashant_at_cs.pitt.edu	      **
** Life's complex, It has real and    **
** imaginary parts.                   **