Re: Common API

From: david j skiba <skiba_at_cis.ohio-state.edu>
Date: 6 May 1994 09:30:04 -0400

I work with both sides of the common API issue. I convert and maintain a common database API library and develop/convert the applications which use it. So far my library supports Oracle, Informix and Watcom. The main problems I have had relate to dates and converting them. The library started being written for Oracle, which has good date conversion functions because they are embedded in the SQL statement. We kept the number of functions to a minimum but this causes the calling applications to pass some database specific SQL statements. Not ideal but it works for us.

If you need more details let me know
Dave Skiba Received on Fri May 06 1994 - 15:30:04 CEST

Original text of this message