Re: Sysadmin Scripts

From: C.J.Sleith <cbar68_at_ccsun.strath.ac.uk>
Date: 5 May 1994 15:50:05 GMT

In article <2q98ov$ra1_at_search01.news.aol.com> sfidai_at_aol.com (SFidai) writes:
>I have exensively used UNIFY database. They have utility called lmshow which
>displays locks by individual database processes. This utility gives table name
>and
>rowid of the row being locked and type of lock being held. There is no
>equivalent
>view in oracle database. I could only find which table is being locked by which
>process, no row level information. Please let me know if there is any.

You'll actually find what you seem to be looking for in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin with a couple of scripts entitled 'blocking.sql' and 'locktree.sql'. They will show your who is blocking whom and what type of locks they have. Similarly, SQL*DBA has a MONITOR LOCK screen, although it's fairly dubious as to its value. There is another script called $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/get_user_locks which when supplied with the owner and name of a table, will tell you who is locking it, and what sort of lock they have...( I think..... )

Hope this helps.......

>Thanks.
>Sadru Fidai

V. Received on Thu May 05 1994 - 17:50:05 CEST

Original text of this message