Sysadmin Scripts

From: SFidai <sfidai_at_aol.com>
Date: 4 May 1994 18:49:03 -0400

I am new to oracle database. First thing I noticed is there is a serious lack of
sysadmin scripts. There are lots of views but you have to refer to manuals for column names and join key information. I started to write some scripts, like, printing all the indexes for a given table with column names, printing all the constraints on the table, etc. Is there any public domain archive, where I can find such scripts.

I have exensively used UNIFY database. They have utility called lmshow which displays locks by individual database processes. This utility gives table name and
rowid of the row being locked and type of lock being held. There is no equivalent
view in oracle database. I could only find which table is being locked by which process, no row level information. Please let me know if there is any.

Thanks.
Sadru Fidai Received on Thu May 05 1994 - 00:49:03 CEST

Original text of this message