Re: How To Generate Sequence Nbr in Forms 3.0

From: Glenn Nicholas <Glenn_at_wplace.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 16:18:43 +0000

In article <2q9dj8$fip_at_news.delphi.com>

           dagmara_at_news.delphi.com "DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM" writes:

:
:I admit I am feeling frustrated and foolish right now; but it's been several
:years since I have done forms development. I am enhancing our CASE tool
:(ORACLE V6) by creating an additional repository and want to create a V3
:form for data entry and querying. I have a master-detail block, and a
:unique number generated by a sequence as the key. Here is what I can't
:remember; how the heck do I get the value from the sequence into my key
:field??? In forms 2.3 I would have written a pre-insert trigger, but I
:seem to vaguely recall there is a simplier way of doing this in 3.0.
:

See section 12-10 of the Forms 3 Manual. Include a default value for the field in the following format:
  :sequence.order_number.nextval

Otherwise, use the pre-insert method.

--
Glenn Nicholas.