Re: To CASE or not to CASE

From: Ernest Boswell <u4imcehb_at_apollo.wes.army.mil>
Date: 6 Apr 1994 18:03:15 GMT

Thomas Pennington (tompenn_at_info.census.gov) wrote:
: In article <2n7vtq$bk7_at_fang.dsto.gov.au>,
: Nick Taransky <nickt_at_ewd.dsto.gov.au> wrote:
: >I am seeking advice on whether to pursue a CASE or non-CASE solution for a...
: >
: >The two schools of thought here regarding CASE (excluding financial issues)
: >1) Use CASE as it will help the inexperienced team produce a usable DB in a
: >shorter amount of time.
: >2) Don't use CASE as the manual work will give the team a better
: >understanding of underlying design/development skills.

: FWIW: If you are just starting out with limited experience, you will be far
: better of without Case (anyone's, not just Oracle's). This is not because
: the products are poor or anything, but you should learn how to do it without
: so you understand what CASE is doing later on. If you don't know the basic
: REAL well, case will just make the job more difficult. IMHO
: --
: | /\ |Tom Pennington tompenn_at_info.census.gov|
: | /\ / \/ \/ \ |"Of all the things I have lost in my |
: |/ \/ / \ \| life, I miss my mind the most" |

--
Harry Boswell                       u4imcehb_at_apollo.wes.army.mil
Computer Scientist

"select std_disclaimer from opinions_not_shared_by_employer"