Re: To CASE or not to CASE

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 5 Apr 1994 14:24:51 -0500

In article <2n7vtq$bk7_at_fang.dsto.gov.au>, Nick Taransky <nickt_at_ewd.dsto.gov.au> wrote:
>I am seeking advice on whether to pursue a CASE or non-CASE solution for a
>proposed database design project soon to be undertaken at my place of
>employment.

this is bound to become a religious issue.

my feeling is that oracle*case has benefits for large development teams in a volatile application environment. for small teams and stable apps such as yours, the cost of buying and learning oracle*case might actually outweigh that of doing the app by hand. as an alternative, you could consider simpler, less comprehensive case tools which could still offer the benefit of graphical design and centralized maintenance, but with lower cost and learning curve rise time.

--
Dave Mausner / Sr Consultant / Braun Technology Group / Chicago, IL USA
No opinions have been expressed.              Motto: "Show me the code"