Re: To CASE or not to CASE

From: Thomas Pennington <tompenn_at_info.census.gov>
Date: 5 Apr 1994 16:52:39 -0400

In article <2n7vtq$bk7_at_fang.dsto.gov.au>, Nick Taransky <nickt_at_ewd.dsto.gov.au> wrote:
>I am seeking advice on whether to pursue a CASE or non-CASE solution for a...
>
>The two schools of thought here regarding CASE (excluding financial issues)
>1) Use CASE as it will help the inexperienced team produce a usable DB in a
>shorter amount of time.
>2) Don't use CASE as the manual work will give the team a better
>understanding of underlying design/development skills.

FWIW: If you are just starting out with limited experience, you will be far better of without Case (anyone's, not just Oracle's). This is not because the products are poor or anything, but you should learn how to do it without so you understand what CASE is doing later on. If you don't know the basic REAL well, case will just make the job more difficult. IMHO

--
|           /\       |Tom Pennington tompenn_at_info.census.gov|