Re: reading data files into a newly created table

From: Jenny Barrett <jbarrett_at_ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: 5 Apr 1994 15:34:49 GMT

jdennis_at_netcom.com (John Dennis) writes:

>I would suggest you look at SQL-Loader. It is fairly flexiable and
>does *seem* to be able to handle you problem with a little rigging.
>It advantage is it is *fairly* fast and maintainable.

>John

Oops, I neglected to mention that I am doing this from sqlloader. I was wondering what the sqlloader syntax is for reading the first six values from a line into global variables and then assigning those values in 6 columns for x (440, in this case) number of rows. At the same time, I need to retrieve the other 440 values from that line and assign them into one column 440 times. The line is terminated by a newline.

Thanks,
Jenny Received on Tue Apr 05 1994 - 17:34:49 CEST

Original text of this message