Re: >Oracle's future

From: Matthew B. Huff <mhuff_at_zilker.net>
Date: 19 Mar 1994 23:44:37 -0600

In article <2mclel$j8g_at_juniper.almaden.ibm.com> gainer_at_almaden.ibm.com writes:

>I would just like to point out several things:
> 1, DB2/6000 is faster than Oracle v7, if Oracle doesn't use discrete trans.
>
> 2, Oracle v6 had 26 maintenance releases. Oracle v7, on AIX, has had 16
> maintenance releases already. Does that sound stable to you?

<flame on>

At least Oracle admits there is a problem, and supplies releases to fix them. How may versions of Aix are there ??? I believe it is up to 3.2.5, and how many PTFs...

Come on... This is typical FUD propaganda. There are obvious and releveant strengths and weaknesses of both software systems that can be discussed without marketing propaganda.

<flame off> Received on Sun Mar 20 1994 - 06:44:37 CET

Original text of this message