Re: DBA/UNIX Administrator position available

From: RSHUNTER_at_DELPHI.COM <(RSHUNTER_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 19 Mar 1994 14:54:23 -0500

$>>Steve Frampton E-mail: <frampton_at_vicuna.ocunix.on.ca> writes...

>Hey you moron if you don't like it too bad. If these head-hunters would get
>off of this group then I wouldn't be posting against them. Don't whine to me
>you little baby, write them email, they should not be using this technical
>discussion group to line their pockets with the profits of un-suspecting Oracle
>Guru's.

>By the way, I actually have contributed to this newsgroup and answered people's
>technical questions. I have a consulting company and am an Oracle VAR, and
>would love to advertize my product here. But I have a little net ediquette.

>Eat that you bumbling simpleton,

>jf

*-----
I don't think it's necessary to be this abusive, regardless of whatever provocation you think you might have.

Behavior like this lends weight to the bean counters who refuse to entertain the thought of paying for full internet access "because it's just a toy".

And your patronizing comment implying that "Oracle gurus" are unable to discriminate for themselves what might constitute a worthy position manages to insult both the corporate people you apparently don't care for as well as the technical people you profess to represent.

Good grief.

R. Scott Hunter , AT&T Tax Systems email:shunter_at_cfotax.attmail.com "These opinions are my own. Nobody else wants them." Received on Sat Mar 19 1994 - 20:54:23 CET

Original text of this message