SQLPLUS connect error for user

From: MOTHER DAEMON <deb_at_atwc.teradyne.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 1994 17:38:47 GMT

Hi Folks!

I'm a newby DBA (by default, since no one else would do it). We just purchased ORA 7 for SunOS server, and client PCs and MACs. Everything has gone fine, except for one teeny little thing...

I created a new database, called "engs" with rollback segments, tables etc. Seems to be fine. Now, I've created a new user, DEB. If I'm in sqldba, and I connect as deb/password, everything is fine. However, if I try to use sqlplus and login as deb/password I get the following warning message:

Warning: Product user profile information not loaded! Error in disabling roles in product user profile.

Connected to:
ORACLE7 Server Release 7.0.15.4.0 - Production

SQL>

Now, the *really* wierd aspect, is that if I connect as system/passwd, no problem; if I connect as sys/passwd, I GET THE SAME KIND OF WARNING MESSAGE.

I am baffled. Has anyone else ever seen this??? What do I need to do? It *seems* to work... but...

Thanx for any assistance you can give!!

deb

| / | Deborah Heller Network/Systems Admin | \ |
| / | Email: deb_at_atwc.teradyne.com | \ |