Re: SQLPLUS connect error for user

From: Christopher Jones <cjones_at_au.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 1994 07:49:33 GMT

>In article <CMvFon.2FD_at_beaux.atwc.teradyne.com> deb_at_atwc.teradyne.com (MOTHER DAEMON) writes:

> Warning: Product user profile information not loaded!
> Error in disabling roles in product user profile.

You should run sqlplus, connect as the SYSTEM user, and START the file $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin/pupbld.sql on your Sun. START is documented in the SQL*Plus User's Guide and Reference.

> Now, the *really* wierd aspect, is that if I connect as system/passwd, no problem; if
> I connect as sys/passwd, I GET THE SAME KIND OF WARNING MESSAGE.

SQL*Plus does not examine the product user profile (PUP) if you connect as SYSTEM. Sqldba does not examine the PUP at all.

Chris Received on Sat Mar 19 1994 - 08:49:33 CET

Original text of this message