ORACLE data block corrupted survay

From: Greg Tupper <gtupper_at_monkfish.nosc.mil>
Date: 18 Mar 1994 08:04:03 GMT

I am running oracle 7.0.13 on an hp 700 with hpux 9.01 I have had five occations now when I have seen an ORACLE error in the 600 range reporting a corrupt oracle data block while selecting from a table. In all cases I have exported all the data I could, dropped the table, and imported the export file.

I have seen this same problem on a 7.0.12 database on an hp700 with 9.00

Is there a bug with the RDBMS code?

Is there a way to recover in a better way (I know... Use the backup)

Does anyone else see this problem?

Thanks
Greg Tupper
SAIC Comsystems
gtupper_at_nosc.mil Received on Fri Mar 18 1994 - 09:04:03 CET

Original text of this message