WSJ Article: Oracle for PC?

From: Karen Hampton <khampton_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 16 Mar 1994 18:59:27 GMT

  The Wall Street Journal published an article on Tuesday (3/15) saying that Oracle was announcing the release of two new products this year that were intended to compete with Microsoft Access. One is a workgroups product that was described in some detail; the other was a PC product that was described much more vaguely, but seemed like it might have been a stand-alone version for a single user (or I might be reading too much into it).

  Does anyone have additional information about whether a stand-alone verson is planned for the near future to run under Windows 3.1+? If, indeed, it is to compete with Access, it would seem like there must be.

  Thanks for the help: I talked with the folks at Oracle this morning, and they could not comment beyond what appeared in the article.

  • Karen Hampton khampton_at_carson.u.washington.edu