Re: Secure database links?

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 15 Mar 94 06:58:11 EST

In article <ward-140394163850_at_muddy.apple.com>, ward_at_newton.apple.com (William R. Ward) writes:
> Is there any way to tell Oracle7 (running under A/UX) to only accept
> database link connections from a list of sites? As far as I've been able
> to determine, the only security in database links is by the user's
> password, which is susceptible to eavesdropping or cracking more readily
> than a specific IP address.
>
> --

I don't know if it works under A/UX, but the VMS flavor of SQL*Net TCP/IP has a VALIDNODE config.ora parameter that lets you specify which nodes you will accept connections from.

That's OK, but I'd really like to see the ability to restrict connections based on the combination of node and username. That would make me more comfortable with allowing proxy logins across SQL*Net, which we do not currently allow.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285