ReportWriter Problem

From: Paul Larned <larned_at_uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 03:26:25 GMT

I am having a problem getting ReportWriter (1.1.12) to format a list of rows the way I want it to. I am fetching a series of rows from a single table each of which contains two dates, and a months_between function. I have ordered them by the months_between function, so I have a list of rows with ascending numbers of months_between. What is called for here, is the MEDIAN of the various 'months_between' values of the rows. What I want to do is have the report print out the rows, numbered consecutively in the ascending order, then print out a summary line which tells the user to look at row number (count of rows/2) for the median value. Sounds simple. But I am unable to get RR to print out row numbers, nor am I able to get a "count/2" summary function to work. If I use ROWNUM in the query, it is fetched before the ordering, and the numbers are not consecutive.

If anyone can help me do these apparently simple things, I would be grateful. Incidentally, we are using V 6 of the database.

Paul Larned
larned_at_uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu Received on Wed Mar 16 1994 - 04:26:25 CET

Original text of this message