Secure database links?

From: William R. Ward <ward_at_newton.apple.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 1994 16:38:50 -0800

Is there any way to tell Oracle7 (running under A/UX) to only accept database link connections from a list of sites? As far as I've been able to determine, the only security in database links is by the user's password, which is susceptible to eavesdropping or cracking more readily than a specific IP address.

--
William R. Ward              Unix contractor               Apple PIE DTS
Work phone: 408/974-3668                         Voicemail: 408/479-4072