Re: Extra Oracle processes running

From: Damian Yenzi <yenzi_at_iserv.melpar.esys.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 1994 12:34:40 GMT

judy_at_gftpd-mail.citicorp.com (Judy Ko -- Consultant) writes:

>Scott Fehr (scottf_at_APLDSS.APL.CUL.CA) wrote:

>> We are running Oracle 7 on SUN OS and
>> I notice that when I do a ps -aux |grep ora that there
>> are a couple of extra processes: ora_s000_TEST and ora_d000_TEST.
>> Does anyone know what these do, and how I can prevent them
>> from starting up with the standard Oracle processes (dbwr, lgwr, etc.)?
>> I think one might be a checkpoint monitor, but I'm not certain.

The ora_s000_TEST is the multi threaded server backbround process. The number of these can be configured by init<sid>.ora parms

The ora_d000_TEST is the dispatcher background process. The number can also be controlled by init<sid>.ora parms.

Check out your Oracle server concepts manual for further info!

Damian Yenzi (uunet!melpar!yenzi)
E-Systems
Dba Received on Tue Mar 15 1994 - 13:34:40 CET

Original text of this message