Re: Extra Oracle processes running

From: Judy Ko -- Consultant <judy_at_gftpd-mail.citicorp.com>
Date: 14 Mar 1994 20:52:57 GMT

Scott Fehr (scottf_at_APLDSS.APL.CUL.CA) wrote:
> We are running Oracle 7 on SUN OS and
> I notice that when I do a ps -aux |grep ora that there
> are a couple of extra processes: ora_s000_TEST and ora_d000_TEST.
> Does anyone know what these do, and how I can prevent them
> from starting up with the standard Oracle processes (dbwr, lgwr, etc.)?
> I think one might be a checkpoint monitor, but I'm not certain.

The ora_s000_TEST is the background process used to refresh the snapshot. IT should wake up only once a while depends on the refresh interval. However, you can keep the process alive by set the "snapshot_refresh_processes" in the initTEST.ora file. Check that.

ora_d000_TEST is the dispatcher process for SQL*Net V2. I don't know much about this one. But there is a parameter in the init.ora files called "mts_servers" which I think determine the number of dispatcher to startup by default. Check the manual on this parameters.

Judy. Received on Mon Mar 14 1994 - 21:52:57 CET

Original text of this message