Re: Oracle on DOS.

From: Allison Rothmel <ad041_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 1994 22:25:33 GMT

In a previous article, adrian_at_willen.demon.co.uk (Adrian Parker) says:

>Firstly, I don't know anything whatsoever about Oracle yet, but have to
>learn about it soon. My boss has asked me to ask these questions.
>
>1. What is the minimum spec PC needed to develop a decent size Oracle
> application ? ( I know this is like "how long is a piece of string",
> but it is his question :) )
>
>2. Is Forms-4 implemented on DOS, and if not what else will do the same job
> of a GUI front end ?

Hi Adrian,
In case you didn't get an answer yet maybe I can help. For your first question I'd say a 486 with 16 Megs RAM. But that is for Oracle6.
For your second question no. Oracle says you need OS2 to run Oracle 7. I hope this helps.
Allison

Allison Rothmel _at_ad041.freenet.carleton.ca | Selective logging- the gift
My opinions are those of my employers.     | that keeps on giving!!!