Re: Debugging SQL*Forms

From: Diana Tracy <bs794_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
Date: 13 Mar 1994 22:03:28 GMT

In a previous article, bpearc1_at_tisdec.tis.tandy.com (Byron Pearce) says:

>I was just wondering if anyone had a refined method of debugging an SQL*Forms
>form (we are using 3.0). It's kind of new of new to me and reminds me a lot
>of "spaghetti code" at this point (control jumping all over the place from
>trigger to procedure, back to trigger, and finally back to the user).
>
>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

>Byron Pearce | The thoughts and views herein do not
>Tandy Information Services | necessarily reflect that of Tandy
>bpearc1_at_tisdec.tis.tandy.com | Corporation.
>"The Ten Commandments are not multiple choice." - Anonymous

Well, this is certainly not refined, but it helps:

  Set the Debug Mode. It will show you what triggers are firing when you   run the form.

  Use the message() function to report variable status.

  Put breaks into your triggers and procedures to check the SYSTEM and Page   0 fields.

--
Diana Tracy, System Designer		-- Excitement, Adventure
bs794_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu		-- and Really Wild Things