Re: link error in linking sample user exit program

From: David Colello <dcolello_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 1994 22:49:15 GMT

In <CM2wwt.HrL_at_hkpu01.hkp.hk>, cs018838_at_hkpu01.hkp.hk (Terence Yeung) writes:

>I would like to ask a question about linking the testexit.pc sample file
>in oracle6 dos version.
>
>My problem is as follows:
>
>when I use the link script rfm.mln, rfmp.mln to link the testexit.pc sample
>file, there is no error occured. However, when I use the link script
>rfmpm.mln, error occured.
>

>The error is
> Link : Fatal error , cannot open run file.
>
>This error displayed after
> creating temporary file c:\l104402
>
>And I have wait for a long time before the Link fatal error displayed.
>
>I have checked the link script rfmpm.mln, all the files in the link script
>are present. No file is missing.
>
>It is very interesting that I can use other link scripts, rfm.mln, rfmp.mln
>successfully, but not rfmpm.mln.
>
>I am very appreciate if you would give your advice to me.
>
>Regards.
>Edmund Mak
>
>Name : Mak Hon Chung Edmund
>Email : cs303900_at_comp.hkp.hk
>Hong Kong Polytechnic

Make sure you have plenty of disk space free on the drive where TMP points to   and on the drive that the .pxe file will be going to.

Also, make sure the files= line in config.sys is set to a high enough value.

Finally, try to free up as much memory as you can in DOS before doing the   link. Unload the database and run 'link' from the command line instead   of from a make utility.

You're having trouble with this link script because it creates a bigger .pxe   and needs more disk and memory to do so.

Dave Colello
dcolello_at_oracle.com

The views expressed here are my own and not my employer's. Received on Mon Mar 07 1994 - 23:49:15 CET

Original text of this message