Re: Oracle access trough Excel

From: branigan d <p0054467_at_oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 7 Mar 1994 02:45:29 -0600

    The above is correct, Q+E and SQL*NET is your best bet. (SQL*NET for DOS works fine but I'm told SQL*NET for Windows is better).

    Access is ok (uses ODBC, so slightly more complex), definitely needs SQL*NET for Windows.

    EXCEL5 one reads abandons Q+E as a bundled product in favour of ODBC and an Access query builder. So in principle get EXCEL5 and you can do it all, but I haven't yet tried it. EXCEL4 & Q+E & SQL*NET for DOS works fine.

   Damian Branigan
   (Project Leader ISS)              "In this world who can do a thing will not
   d.branigan_at_brookes.ac.uk           And who would do it cannot, I percieve."
                                      RB