Re: SQL*Menu Problem

From: frank <frank_at_cs.vu.nl>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 1994 14:17:39 GMT

Karim Makhani (karim_at_gsb007.cs.ualberta.ca) wrote:

: Hi.

: I am using SQL*Menu (Design): Release 5.0.11.13.3 and ORACLE7 7.0.11.2.

: The problem with menu that I am encountering is that when I give access
: to more than one user for designing an application, one user can change the
: menu application created by another user.

: I, as a DBA, created a few roles that have a number of users in each role.
: I also gave design access to a number of users and found that any user
: can modify a appliction created by another user (I want to avoid this).
: The users can also delete someone else's menu applications.

: Is the common?
: Am I doing anything?

: If more information is required, please contact me via email at:

: karim_at_cs.ualberta.ca

: Thanks in Advance.

I have _exactly_ the same problem. Opening and modifying other applications is not prohibited. But execution is only allowed if the menu contains an item having a role to which the user is assigned.

The MENU_B and MENU_V objects are public synonyms. I tried to install these objects privately for each user. This failed because after that designers hadn't permission to execute their own applications (which seems a bug).

Strange enough, you can't modify someone else's forms. The FORM objects are private.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Frank Dehne	 frank_at_cs.vu.nl