Forms 4.0.12 & Resource File

From: Paul Berger <pberger_at_nic.hookup.net>
Date: 2 Mar 1994 16:58:07 -0500

I am running Forms 4.0.12 within an OS/2 2.1 environment, against a local Oracle7 database, with SQL*VDM. I am having some difficulty getting my run forms "fmrpc.res" resource file to come to life.

I have used Oracle terminal against "fmrpc.res" with mixed results in an attempt to alter my Forms4 environment.

My questions follow:

What are the cm_logicals? The forms_logicals are clear, the cm_logicals less so.

How do I know exactly what they do. Again, some attributes are clear other less so.

I have added an attribute called "Field-current" within the forms_logicals using Oracle terminal against "fmrpc.res". (I have noticed this attribute exists within the cm_logicals and changing it has no impact on my Forms4 runform environment.) My new attribute simply redefines the foreground and background colours. I have utilized a built-in and created a "when-new-item-instance" trigger, at the form level and defined this as set_item_property(:system.current_cursor,VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE,'Field-current');

When I my test my form an error results 'attribute unknown';

(I played with this for about 3 hours without any luck!)

I would ideally like to be able to define some of my visual attributes in this manner to drive my forms design. I can't get this trival example to work. What am I doing wrong?! (Hopefully the obvious does not escape me!)

I would like to relocate the runform resource file "fmrpc.res" to a different directory. Can I do this by redefining a parameter within my oracle.ini?

Finally, is Forms 4.1 in stable beta and is it possible to obtain a copy?
(We would certainly give it a thorough testing!)

Thank you.
PB Received on Wed Mar 02 1994 - 22:58:07 CET

Original text of this message