Re: [Q/H]: Exception handlers in PL/SQL

From: Steve Corbett <p0070623_at_oxford-brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 1 Mar 1994 07:22:46 -0600

Neil Greene (neil_at_kynug.org) wrote:
: I have a cursor that evaluates insert conditions for each record in a
: table. However, some records may not meet the requirements of the table
: restraints when the cursor attempts to complete various inserts, causing
: the cursor to "wig" out with either an unhandeled exception error or some
: other problem.

: I am familiar with the exception error handlers and with exception
: "others". But, how can I get the exception handler to simply trap any
: errors and move the cursor to the next available record with a
: fetchrecord. All I want to do is skip the current record and move on to
: the next one.

Some variation on:

EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS THEN
   NULL;