Re: Problems with Pro*C V1.3 and ReportWriter V1.1 User Exits

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 1994 16:27:07 GMT

In article <1994Feb28.225601.16145_at_cerberus.bhpese.oz.au> bigbod_at_cerberus.bhpese.oz.au (Rodney Coleman) writes:
> Hi Gurus ! I am having problems with Pro*C for DOS V1.3.17 and
> was wondering if any other users of this product can help me.
>
> I am having problems linking user exits to make the "runrepx"
> executable. I have used a modified version of the "rrmrun.mln"
> link script as detailed in the "Getting Started" book. The first
> problem I encountered was a missing library (RWGEN.LIB). Oracle
> e-mailed that to me. Never was told why it was missing :(
>
> Now when I try to run the link script I receive a link error which
> states that :-
>
> LINK : fatal error L1074: DGROUP : group larger than 64K bytes
Not to sound harsh, but you should read the linker doc. DGROUP is the default data segment(and we all know that segments cannot be larger than 64k in 16bit DOS land). Without going into a discussion of what is in DGROUP, you can most likely fix this by using the /Gt# _compiler_ option where # is any number from 0-64k. I'd suggest 5). This will cause data of # size and larger into it's own data segment and then it won't be in DGROUP

> Oracle support has not been much help on this to date. BTW, we
> have 14 user exits that I am trying to link together, all are
> single function C modules, and all were precompiled with Pro*C
> 1.3.17. We used Microsoft C V6.0 to produce the objects.
Pro*C generates many data structures per C file and since you have 14, I can see how the above error would occur.