Re: Dynamic DataBase Links for Forms

From: Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 1994 04:08:58 GMT

Look at Appendix I in the Forms Reference Manual -- Interface to Non-Oracle Data Sources. Even if you are trying to do this against Oracle, you may want to use transactional triggers (written in a combination of PL/SQL and Pro*C) to do this here -- changing table or column names there isn't quite a snap, but it is pretty easy. If you want to do something in Oracle Reports or Oracle Graphics, look at their reference manuals under 'lexicals.'

There is an example of how to use transactional triggers to perform flat file access (I believe) on the product distribution (TTRIG.FMB, in the 'Forms Demos' program group on Windows).

Good luck!

  • Dennis Moore, my own opinions, etcetcetc