savepoint/commit/rollback in FORMS 4.0

From: Guenter Gersdorf <gg_at_iwf.ing.tu-bs.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 1994 22:35:45 GMT

I have a question about the usage of savepoint/commit/rollback in FORMS 4.0 running under MS-Windows.

I have a modal window (which does not work correctl eithery, it's not really modal) showing a multirecord block with values from a databasetable A. Also in the window is a checkbox filled within a POST-QUERY Trigger. It's checked, if the current record has an entry in another database table B. If the checkbox is toggled, the entry in table B is entered or removed, according to the new state of the checkbox.

Now comes the question: I would like to rollback the changes in table B on request. But if i issue a rollback command, it looks like a CLEAR_FORM is executed, every block in every window is cleared and I have to redo all EXECUTE_QUERYs. I tried COMMIT_FORM, 'SAVEPOINT name' with 'ROLLBACK name' and other. Nothing works.

HELP!

--

		Guenter Gersdorf
		Inst. f. Werkzeugmaschinen und Fertigungstechnik

		Phone: +49/(0)531/391-7634
		Fax:   +49/(0)531/391-5842

		E-mail: gg_at_iwf.ing.tu-bs.de
			G.Gersdorf_at_tu-bs.de