Re: Moving tables from one tablespace to another

From: Andrew May CMIS <amay_at_colesmyer.com.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 21:12:56 GMT

In article <CKxKxu.Ix1_at_suncad.camosun.bc.ca>, Dan MacDonald <ua168_at_freenet.Victoria.BC.CA> wrote:

< See text after mine >

This is a common question...

Q: How do I move a table to another tablespace and how do I change the

   storage parameters?

  1. exp <user/password> indexes=y parameters...

   imp <user/password> indexfile=a.lis
   (This will create the file a.lis with all create index statements and    create table statements commented out.)

   edit the file a.lis to your hearts content, then run it under the username    you want to own the tables. You can change the storage or tablespace name    before you run it. There is no need to edit the export dump.    Once you are happy with the tables, you can import the data.    I recommend you create the indexes after the data is loaded.

   The indexfile option came in about 6.0.33 or 6.0.31 on DOS.

Regards,
Andrew.

--
N. Andrew May.                        | Database Administrator