Re: Can't see system information on new DATABASE

From: Judy Ko -- Consultant <judy_at_gftpd-mail.citicorp.com>
Date: 8 Feb 1994 19:29:48 GMT

Peter Lister (ccprl_at_xdm039.ccc.cranfield.ac.uk) wrote:
> Hi

> I've created a new database, alongside the default 'ora' created at installation
> (Oracle 7.0.13). I can create things, look at them, create users, the 2nd db
> starts OK, everything is lovely, EXCEPT I can't see any of the tables which
> give me information about the new db.

There are some sql files that you need to run to create the synonyms for different upgrades. Look into the directory $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin. The file that you need seems to be catalog SQL. Some of the files are there to ease the migration difficulties. I found it quite useful to read the readme file too. I hope this will help

Cheers,
Judy. Received on Tue Feb 08 1994 - 20:29:48 CET

Original text of this message