Oracle & IBM two phase commit

From: <danny_at_meyad.co.il>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 11:34:04 GMT

Does anyone know of a product which can communicate with both Oracle and IBM Mainframe's VSAM/IMS/DB2?

  Basically, I am looking for a product which can functionally serve to create a "two-phase" commit between Oracle and and one (or combination of the above. Essentially, I want the product to read values from one side (Either Oracle or the native IBM), insert (or update) the values on the other side, and finally perform a commit on both sides. Of-course, rollback should occur, likewise, in the event of a rollback on one side. The product may reside on either the Mainframe or a Unix machine (Unix preferred).

  Any suggestions are welcome. Also, someone mentioned Tuxedo. Does this product perform the above?

  Additionally, if there is a gateway product which may require minimal programming, I am willing to entertain the possibility.

Thanks in advance.

Danny

|Danny Nir \_\_ \_\_ \_\_\_\_\_ Meyad Computers|
|danny_at_meyad.co.il \_ \_ \_ Moshav Ya'ad|
|Tel:972-4-909966 \_ \_ D.N. Misgav|
|Fax:972-4-909965 \_\_\_ \_ Haifa, Israel 20155|