Re: Oracle & IBM two phase commit

From: Mike Eggleston <mikee_at_orca.aadt.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 23:14:53 GMT

> Does anyone know of a product which can communicate with both Oracle
> and IBM Mainframe's VSAM/IMS/DB2?

> Basically, I am looking for a product which can functionally serve
> to create a "two-phase" commit between Oracle and and one (or
> combination of the above. Essentially, I want the product to read
> values from one side (Either Oracle or the native IBM), insert (or
> update) the values on the other side, and finally perform a commit
> on both sides. Of-course, rollback should occur, likewise, in the
> event of a rollback on one side. The product may reside on either
> the Mainframe or a Unix machine (Unix preferred).

> Any suggestions are welcome. Also, someone mentioned Tuxedo.
> Does this product perform the above?

> Additionally, if there is a gateway product which may require
> minimal programming, I am willing to entertain the possibility.

I would recommend that you look at the Encina product from Transarc. It does exactly what you are looking for. I've been considering using it, but I don't know if I can get my client to pay for the software. The cost is not that much, but the contracts have already been written and I don't know if the guy will re-write the contracts so I can use Encina.

Mike

Mike Eggleston       American Airlines Decision Technologies
(817)931-2287        P. O. Box 619616, MD 4462
(817)967-9763 (FAX)  Dallas/Fort Worth Airport, Texas 75261-9616, USA
Only my opinions.