Attributes Names Standards

From: John Dennis <jdennis_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 17:51:39 GMT

I trying to argue a point and need a little help. Some "micro-manager" wants to included a column type into the column name like : INT_AGE, indicating that AGE column has a type INT. This is crazy! What if someone decides that a smallint (sybase) would be better. Application code would have to be modified and recompiled, etc if this was to happen. So any solid reasons NOT to do this besides "its just no done"?

BTW, I think the idea of naming a column with the type included is called the Hungarian-Notation. I thought that just meant that the column was is upper and lower case. The truth?

Thanks in advance!

John Dennis Received on Thu Jan 27 1994 - 18:51:39 CET

Original text of this message