Re: Attributes Names Standards

From: <christopher.white_at_mccaw.com>
Date: 27 Jan 94 13:14:32

Actually, to agree with you both, a column AGE should be of type age (as should the columns MINIMUM_AGE, DRINKING_AGE and VOTING_AGE). You can then define (and redifine) the datatype age to be whatever is nescessary.

Information hiding and abstaction are very important principles in building a *maintainable* system. The manager has to look at life cycle costs and you have to think a bit more abstractly.

MHO, Topher

---
Christopher A. White          | "I once could see,
McCaw Cellular Communications |      but now, at last, I'm blind."
Kirkland, Wa                  |         -- Dream Theatre