Segmentation violation with core dump in forms30 on Unix

From: <ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si>
Date: 17 Jan 94 15:01:56 +0200

I have a problem for which i ma not sure it is  problem of distribution ( bug in sql*Forms ) or  it is the problem of system parameters.

I have an distribution for Oracle RDBMS 7.0.12 with sql*forms 3.0.16.12.1

In designer ( iad ) in actions which require complicated actions in database ( for example default data blok )
execution of SQL*FORms aborts with following shell message

sqlfroms30 : segmentation violation - core dump

So i come on Unix shell, it seems to me something is wrong with memory but i am not sure!

Can anybody help me!!

P.S. Distribution is instalated on SCO Unix 3.2.4 on PC 486/33 Mhz with 16 Mb of RAM.

All other utilities works correct.

Has anybody perhaps info about bugs in this version of sql*forms or rdbms.

Something more tstshm oracle utility among others shows me message:
Shared memory isn't contigious.

Thanx,
Ivo Drvaric , Maribor ( Technical University )

My Internet address: ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si Received on Mon Jan 17 1994 - 14:01:56 CET

Original text of this message