Re: Help Oracle on Unix ( SQL*FORMS )

From: Alan MCCulloch <amccullo_at_ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 1994 08:59:35 GMT

venky_at_engr.latech.edu (Venky M. Venkatachalam) writes:

>ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si wrote:
>: I have a problem with installation of SQL*Forms v3.0.16.12.1
>: on RDBMS v7.0.12.1. And i am not sure do i have a tuning problem or there's
>: bug in the forms.

>: When i start SQL*Forms and trigger some complex operation in designer like
>: searching for the list of tables on my oracle account ( with List of values key
>: ) in the default block generation , sql*forms
>: stops execution withj a message :
>: "SQL*Forms: Segmentation violation". I have this problem also
>: in saving for in a database,...( any complex operation on rdb
>: in designer with rdb but not in iap ).

> Actually SQL*Forms needs some rollback segments. It cannot
>use the system rollback segments. Please make it sure that you have enough
>private, public and system rollback segments in your pfile with which
>you started the database. If you do not have, segmentation violation will
>occur. Iam SURE it has to do with rollback segments. Please let me know
>if you need further info.

>Also if you have a good oracle job let me know.

>goodlucks.

>venky
>: I have this configuration:

>: Intel 486/33 MHz processor with 16Mb RAM-a and Oracle is installed on
>: 400Mb HD.
>: OS: SCO Unix 3.2.4 with TCP/IP 1.2.0

>: My tuning shared parameters are set with this values:

>: SHMMAX to 11Mb
>: SHMSEG to 16
>: SHMALL 512
>: Number of segments on system is 100

>: Length of SGA is 3.5 Mb

>: Please help me!

>: My Internet address is: ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si

>--
>venky :)
> venky_at_engr.latech.edu
>M.Venkatachalam
>Address :106 S.Homer st., Apt #34, Ruston LA 71270
>Telephone: (318) 255 6810

...one other thing to check is any referenced objects - check that the form that is referenced actually does have the original copies of the objects referenced - the only time I've experienced a core dump in designer was when I messed around with a form that was the target of some references, and changed that form to reference another one...or something. Its also the only time I really did need the ability to edit a .INP file ,to recover my application !

Good Luck
Alan McCulloch Received on Fri Jan 21 1994 - 09:59:35 CET

Original text of this message