? runform -e and runform -r, pauses?

From: Jennifer R. Amon <bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 1994 14:47:48 -0500

I'm using:          runform -e filename formname un/pw
      and:          runform -r filename formname un/pw

I have 40 of these files, all can be run repeatedly and simultaneously, because their actions are circular (do something and then undo it), and because each file deals with a different subset of data.

I'm going to run these all at once to do a load test. We want to see just how 40 users of the same complex form will drag down our VAX/VMS system.

I'm afraid, though, that I'm not going to get a realistic test, because there doesn't seem to be any way to build in the natural pauses - you know - when the user is thinking or reading what's on the screen, instead of just plowing ahead with the next keystrokes.

Is there any "pause(5)" or "wait(5)" or something like that, to allow me to insert 5-second pauses into the keystroke files? I looked in the doc, but I don't see anything. Or, must I just extrapolate the load to be something between no users running the form and 40 users running the form?

Any suggestions?

BTW, Thanks much to those who sent me the command to redefine sys$input. I had tried that, but I had had sys$input and sys$command reversed. Duh!

Thanks,

   Jennifer

Jennifer R. Amon            PHONE: (216) 775-6987
Houck Computing Center        FAX: (216) 775-8573
Oberlin College
Oberlin, OH 44074        INTERNET: bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu