Re: ? runform -e and runform -r, pauses?

From: OMT demo account <omt_at_pt4427.pms.ford.com>
Date: 18 Jan 1994 21:22:17 GMT

There are products to do just what you are trying toaccomplish, that is load test one machine from another with natural pauses for "think time" etc. The one that I have used is called "Empower" from perfomix. With it you set up scripts to run forms, reports, etc. You then set up a mix of "users" and it logs them in with some delay (not to kill the system) and does the work. It was not difficult to use, though I am not aware of the cost (I was part of a group building a benchmark for Oracle platforms some time ago). It is generic in that it will use telnet to connect to any machine and will run any commands (not just oracle screens, etc).

--
Regards
David Jordan