Tuxedo/Oracle

From: Jared P. Hecker <hecker_at_panix.com>
Date: 16 Jan 1994 21:37:49 -0500

a> ! ÁK8 ! ÷
a> Can somebody enlighten me as to what role Tuxedo, from AT&T, plays
a> when used with Oracle. For that matter what is Tuxedo?? what does
a> it bring to the party?

Tuxedo is a transaction manager, among other things. It provides a means of guaranteeing atomicity, consistency , isolation and durability of transactions. OLTP monitors also provide for security and interfaces among multiple resource managers. For example, you might have an application that accesses DB2, IMS, Oracle, Sybase, etc. via the same API (Tuxedo).

Tuxedo is not yet DCE-compliant, though USL says they are working on it.  It is the most mature of the products in this niche, with the best performance.

For detailed info you might contact Unix Systems Laboratories, in Summit, NJ.

FTR: I have no financial interest in Tuxedo (don't even use it).

jh

---
þ CmpQwk #UNREGþ UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY

--
Jared Hecker               |   OS/2 - the user-friendly Unix
hecker_at_panix.com           |