Re: DB creation failure during install

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 13 Dec 93 23:22:59 EST

In article <CHtyEv.2yK_at_ra.nrl.navy.mil>, titzer_at_net.nrl.navy.mil (David A. Titzer) writes:
> Hi,
>
> During the install, DB creation fails. The log shows
> SQL*DBA coming up, the Password prompt, and ORA-01031: insufficent
> priviledges as the first error.
>
> I run the install as root, set the passwords as requested
> during the install, etc. I'm an SA that's not experienced with
> ORACLE installation, only Ingres.
>
> Does anyone know what it is I could be overlooking?

have you created the dba group and assigned it to the oracle account? You need to do that so that oracle has the ability to do a CONNECT INTERNAL.

I don't know what flavor of UNIX you are playing with. The creation of the dba group is documented on page 2-4 of the Solaris 2.2 installation guide.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285