LONG field in Oracle table

From: marc.colten <colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1993 15:58:59 GMT

If anyone has encounteredthe following problem and can suggest a solution - please e-mail me. I can find no reason for what it is doing.

We are using oracle 6 on Sun OS. I have a table that has a LONG field, which is supposed to hold 65K. In fact it chokes when it reaches 4K. It successfully brings up the field either in a form or in an OCI program, but when you try to save it, it takes forever and then returns the message that it could not do the update. Clear that message and you get another saying that you should clear the form and do a rollback. Any attempt to do anything after that reveals that you are not connected to Oracle any more.

In the form I tried increasing the field size and the display size, but that didn't do anything. In the OCI program, the field was always large enough.

anyone know a solution (or workaround) to this problem?

thanks in advance

marc colten Received on Fri Dec 10 1993 - 16:58:59 CET

Original text of this message