Re: ODBC with Oracle and Informix on the same server.

From: Chris Davies <chrisd_at_visionware.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1993 14:55:52 GMT

Admin (spitz_at_GAN03X) wrote:
: enrico badella (L.R.) (badella_at_polec1.polito.it) wrote:
: : Yesterday an itinerating consultant came in and told
: : us that I will need SQL-Net and xxx (I forgot the Informix product) on
: : each PC in order to use OBDC.

: Your consultant is right. ODBC needs the database-specific networking
: product for your PC. In your case, you will have to buy Oracle's
: SQL*Net (preferably the Windows product, since it runs as DLL and
: doesn't use up precious DOS memory) and Informix's I-NET/PC.

No, this is NOT TRUE.

We have developed ODBC drivers for both Oracle and Informix database systems which do not require SQL*Net (or an equivalent). Our products work directly over TCP/IP and/or dialup serial lines.

Contact info_at_visionware.co.uk for more information.

ChrisD

--
          VISIONWARE LTD, 57 Cardigan Lane, LEEDS LS4 2LE, England
  Tel +44 532 788858.  Fax +44 532 304676.  Email chrisd_at_visionware.co.uk